Monday 22 July 2013

Daily Skincare Routine

Daily Skincare Routine
Today I thought I'd write a bit about my daily skincare routine, to hopefully give you a few tips! By no means do I have perfect skin, but I always notice such an improvement when I stop using my trusty make-up wipes and put in a bit of effort, which I know can be a pain but in the long term it does pay off!
I have dry to normal skin so moisturising is key or else I find my foundation can cling to my skin. I'm pretty sure the majority of the products have can be used for oily skin types too.

ExfoliatorSt Ive's Apricot Scrub

The first step to my routine is to exfoliate and to do this I use St Ive's Apricot Scrub. I have to say, this product is amazing and I love it so much. It has an Apricot scent and is one of those products that is just a pleasure to apply!
I generally apply this in the bath or shower and give my face a good scrub to get rid of any dull surface cells and then simply rinse with water. I always notice such a difference after using this product when I wake up the next morning as my skin looks and feels radiant, smooth and replenished. I particularly like to use this when my skin is particularly bad and needs a miracle worker and I do find this does the trick!
In my opinion, this product is great for all skin types as it is oil free. Also I have fairly sensitive skin which does not react after using this, so even better!


RRP:£4.29 (great considering it lasts for months)
Rating out of 10: 9
I recommend EVERYONE to go check this out soon!

Cleansing - Body Shop's Aloe Gentle Face Wash & Eco Tools Facial Sponges


My next step is cleansing. I try to be religious about cleansing my skin everyday to remove my make-up as I hate going to sleep with my make-up on. At the moment I use The Body Shop's Aloe Gentle Face Wash which is a foam that you lather on your face. I like the pump this cleanser comes with and the smell is not bad. 
This cleanser does the job but I wouldn't say I would rush to restock it when it runs out as it's £8.00 and doesn't have the wow factor for the price. This is branded for sensitive skin and does the job as my skin does not react with this product.
RRP:£8.00
Rating out of 10: 6

I also use Eco Tool's Facial Sponges to remove any excess make-up. These are sponges made of natural cellulose and I just find they feel really nice to use. They come in a 3 pack for £4.99 so you can't go wrong really! I would recommend these to anyone who's just looking for a simple thing to wash their face with...they last for ages!
RRP:£4.99
Rating out of 10: 8

My final step of my skincare routine is moisturising. For me, moisturising is key as at times I can have very dry skin. To moisturise my skin I use The Body Shop's (surprise surprise!) Aloe Soothing Day Cream. This pretty much lives up to it's name because I find it very soothing as it contains Aloe Vera. I think this is great for day to day use for normal skin, to maintain your skins condition and prevent it from drying. However, if your skin is particularly dry I would recommend a more heavier moisturiser with a more creamy consistency as this just isn't moisturising enough for very dry skin. I tend to use this on 'good skin days' where I only need a light moisturiser. 
I would recommend this to you if you have normal skin and want a light moisturiser or just a day to day cream, but if you're looking for a moisturiser for very dry skin I don't think this will do the trick.
RRP: £4.00
Rating out of 10: 7

Thanks for reading my skincare routine and let me know if you enjoyed this post in anyway! Please let me know any tips you may have or recommendations in the comments and feel free to leave questions
.

Lots of Love

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love your blog!
    Something I really like about it which may sound werid is, that you can se you took the time to make the post and your photos are just really pretty!And I obviously like where your write about :) Maybe we can follow each other?
    xoxo
    http://foreveramber123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete