Tuesday 13 August 2013

How to: Wash your make-up brushes!

I must admit I've been putting this off for quite a while as the last two times I have washed my make-up brushes the actual handle has fallen off...opps!
Firstly, washing your make-up brushes is essential to prevent the build up of bacteria. When applying make-up the bacteria transfers from your face to your brush and then multiplies which can lead to spot breakouts, so it is essential to regularly wash your brushes, especially foundation brushes!

After plucking up some courage and seeing how covered in make-up my brushes were I thought it was time to give it a go. This time the result was successful and my brushes are still in one piece so I thought I would share it with you guys in a simple step by step method.

1. Gather all your brushes, a towel and some Baby Shampoo
2. Run your taps under warm water faced downwards (ie. the brush bit at the bottom)

This step is important because if your brush is faces  upwards the water will run down the handle causing the glue to melt and the handle to come away from the brush (I have made this mistake before)


3. Place some baby shampoo in the palm of your hand and swirl your brushes building up a lather.

4. Keep rinsing your hand and then repeating this step until the lather is white and not a brownish colour
5. Rinse your brushes with warm water facing downwards

6.Squeeze out any excess water, dry with towel and reshape.
7. Leave to dry DOWNWARDS

And ta-da you will have nice clean brushes!

If you have any questions or feedback please feel free to leave them in the comment section below!

Also please feel free to follow my blog or add it to your reading list if you enjoyed this post.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ciara! ☺ I nominated you for the 'Liebster Award', an award for up-and-coming bloggers with under 200 followers ♥ Check out my blog post and find out what to do next (http://bloglaytor.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-liebster-award.html)

    ReplyDelete